Christopher E. Sawin, Esq.
Chris is of counsel to Long Hagan Huff-Harris and is based in Hanover, Massachusetts.
Chris advises clients on matters involving estate planning, probate and estate administration, family law, and veterans law. His practice also includes business consultation and legal strategy through alternative dispute resolution channels as well as litigation.
He earned his J.D. from Suffolk University Law School, and his B.S. from Curry College.
Chris was previously a law clerk at a Boston law firm specializing in nursing home/long care facilities, products liability, medical malpractice, and tort and liability defense.
While attending law school, Chris was the Managing Editor of the Journal of High Technology Law and was an active participant in the bro bono program. Additionally, he taught constitutional law to inner city high school students as a Marshall-Brennan Constitutional Literacy Fellow, as well as privacy education to high school students in Boston, Mass. Chris also represented indigent families as a Rule 3:03 student attorney through his participation in the Family Advocacy Clinic. Chris was also a teaching assistant in a legal practice skills class where he assisted first-year law students in writing, analysis, research, and oral advocacy skills.
Prior to attending law school, Chris was a Lance Corporal in the U.S. Marine Corps Infantry where he served two combat deployments in Iraq and aboard the USS Iwo Jima.
Key Practice Areas
- Estate Planning
- Probate and Estate Administration
- Family Law
- Veterans Law
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Accredited Department of Veterans Affairs Claims Agent
- United States Court of Appeals, First Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims
- United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- JD, Suffolk University School of Law, cum laude
- B.S. Curry College
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Boston Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Plymouth County Bar Association
- Veterans’ Claim Assistance Network
- Norfolk County Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
Honors and Awards
- Suffolk University Law School Dean’s List
- Suffolk University Law School Honorable Mention Brief Award, Legal Practice Skills, 2014-15
- Suffolk University Law School Honorable Mention Oral Advocate Award, Legal Practice Skills, 2014-15
- Curry College Dean’s List
- Quincy College Dean’s List
- Creating Super Soldiers for Warfare: A Look into the Laws of War, 17 J. High Tech. L. 105 (2016)